Just a few reminders:
- Next Monday we will meet at the Porter Branch Memorial Library, near Oak Hill Elementary. Please be there at 7. We will tour the library, and have a chance to get a library card if you don’t have one.
- Please review your boys progress, as we will need to update achievements to turn in for the January Pack meeting.
- January 21 is a school holiday, so there is no Den meeting.
- We hope to handout progress report printouts at the library, so that you can get a good picture of where your boy is currently.
Pack 747 Wolf Leader
In our meeting tonight, we practiced bringing in the flag and performing the flag ceremony, saw several awesome collections, and made bagel bird feeders. For the next meeting, we should all be watching for birds and trying to identify them.
Recharter was due tonight. If you intend to continue with Scouts in 2013, Mike needs to know something ASAP. If you have decided that Scouts is not for your boy, please let us know so that we can plan accordingly.
Next meeting has been moved BACK to Prospect. It will be our Christmas Party, and Wolves are supposed to bring snack items like chips, dip, veggie tray, or the like. With Popcorn awards and the Christmas Party, we will likely hold off on additional awards until the January Pack Meeting.
The Pack trip is planned to be the USS Yorktown the first weekend in March. . We will need to know who is interested likely by next meeting. I think the cost was 72 per person for 1 night, and 92 for 2 nights. Facilities for women are limited, and no children under 6 are allowed by the venue. Please see the link for other details. http://www.patriotspoint.org/overnight_camping/
A freelance trip is also being planned to Daytona for Jan 4-6. The trip includes
- · Two nights of camping in Daytona International Speedway’s famous infield (Friday & Saturday nights)
- · Bring your tents, sleeping bags and firewood
- · Collectible scout patch
- · Access to all the fun activities in the infield during GRAND-AM Testing
- · Fishing on Lake Lloyd (bring your fishing reels)
- · Fire/safety demonstration
- · Garage tours
- · Speedway tour
- · Scavenger hunt
- · $10 DAYTONA Dollars (good at any Speedway concession stand)
- · Much more!
Travel is on your own.
As always, if you have any questions, please let me know.
Pack 747 Wolf Leader
Please email completed achievements, especially Bobcat to me by 11-21 so that we can try to get the awards for the meeting.
- Last meeting, we completed Achievements 7b, 7c, and 7f. We also did Electives 17a, b and e.
- The previous meeting, we completed Achievement 5, a-d.
Things to be doing at home are:
- Complete Bobcat
- Achievement 6 a,b,c – Collections. We will have the boys share these during the two December Den Meetings.
- Achievement 10d – Read with the family.
- Achievement 11, Duty to God
- Elective 13C – Read a book about birds
- Achievement 4e – decide chores with parents and do them for a month.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, please let me know.
Wolf Den Leader
Hi wolves and parents-
We had a den meeting last night, but many of you were missing. We hope you will be back next Monday night. We did Achievement 2c and 2d during the meeting, so please look at those if you can. We also did Elective 20h, track start, and raced across the gym. We also handed out the healthy habits worksheet. I have attached it to this message. The boys should track their habits for two weeks.
We discussed the Bowling Belt Loop requirement. This is nearly impossible to schedule on a Monday night due to league play, so we will continue to look for a good time to schedule it. We also tentatively planned a fire station trip for October 22.
Popcorn money is due at the next meeting, October 8th. Please have money ready to turn in. Checks should be made payable to Pack 747. If you want to increase your sales, we will be doing one more show-n-sell event at the Salem Rd. Wal-Mart this Saturday from 10-4. Please contact Mike Brown to sign up for a slot.
Mrs. Janice will be running the next meeting, as I will be travelling for business.
Pack 747 Wolf Leader